Oh no… all symbolic links are not accessible from Leopard. It shows error message that the target links can’t be found. They are OK with Tiger, so I’m thinking that there is a bug in Leopard. For a while, I can live with copying the file from Linux to Mac and worked with the copy in Mac. But when the first update of Leopard is out, it’s still not fixed so I somehow curious what really happen here.
So today I spent some time to examine the problem and found a suggestion from here to restart the samba server everytime mac connects to it. It’s not that convenient.
Reading more to the links given by it, I found out that simpler solution is available. Just by adding this line to smb.conf (in Ubuntu the location is /etc/samba/smb.conf), the problem can be resolved.
<br /> unix extensions = no<br />